Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fun little ditty on YouTube

First off, I have to admit that I know little about the world of YouTube. I only look at things that friends send me. I've never actually gone to YouTube looking for videos to view. So I'm definitely not the one to tell you how to get there or do that.
But given that, I think it's worth the effort to find this one. It's called "God and Dog" by Wendy Francisco, and is a song accompanied by animation. Most dog people have long been amused or bemused by the fact that "dog" is "God" spelled backward. Does this make dogs divine, or brothers of the devil (that whole backwards thing gets involved in Satanism somehow)? Personally, I don't see how you can get a lot more divine than the unwavering love of a dog, so I don't think there's any doubt about that one.
And in the interest of full disclosure, I will say here that I don't subscribe to any particular religion. I do believe in morality and doing good, and don't think religion is necessary for either of those things. While I know many people for whom religion is a great comfort, it has also done much damage in the world. And whole religions use their holy books to foster anti-dog sentiments and actions. . . which puts the lie to the whole thing in my book.
Anyway, wandering off topic here. I hope you enjoy the YouTube effort. But beware. . . the song has been running in my head after viewing it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment