Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to My Dog-Inhabited World

I sort of figured out this blog thing with my first blog, GrabLifebytheLeash, and now that I've got a better handle on it, I'd like to start fresh. So welcome to
DogsInSociety. In this blog, I will look at how dogs fit into society, what works and what doesn't, what I wish I could wipe off the face of the earth, the occasional heartwarming story, and lots more.
I will use this space to praise those taking the time to help dogs fit into society, scorn those who are having the opposite effect. For example, I have before me an ad for the "pet's eye view camera." The truly horrifying copy proudly exclaims "After your pet gets home from a day of exploring, simply plug the camera into your computer to see the captured images. Its water-resistant ABS housing will keep it secure while your best friend roams the world." Sigh. Who out there still thinks it's a good idea to let your best friend "roam the world"? There unfortunately is plenty of this sort of idiocy out in the world, and I am, quite frankly, sick and tired of it. So yes, this is a place for me to vent, but I hope that it will do more than that. I hope that it will slowly but steadily move us toward a fine and fitting place for dogs in society. One where they aren't raised in filthy, tiny cages in puppy mills, trained to fight each other in pits, abandoned to "roam the world" or used as hostages in domestic violence situations.
So I hope you'll join me here often. I promise to post regularly (something I did not do with my first blog), and to try and keep it interesting for all. Please comment to let me know you're here and I'm not just talking to myself, and to provide your own outlook on any issues I may raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment